Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Recovery International support groups

Recovery International offers mental health self-help groups over the phone. There is also an in-person group in Missoula. A testimonial of the method follows. For more information on groups, visit http://www.recovery-inc.org/forum-pdf/Intro_To_RI_Group_Meetings_FAQ.pdf.


For information on phone meetings visit http://www.recovery-inc.org/resources/feb09PhoneMtgs.html

Feel free to call and listen in to see if the group is something you'd like to be involved with. (Note that the calls are not toll-free.)

Missoula in-person meetings: Saturday - 1:30 P.M. - Missoula Public Library, 301 E. Main Street, Board Room inside front door. - Contact Charlotte: (406)825-3063 or 150@recovery-inc.org

Testimonial from Jennifer Englehardt:

"The Recovery mental health self-help group helps me to take charge of my emotions rather than being controlled by fear, anger, or depression. By attending weekly meetings, I have learned to accept myself and to accept the idea that I can rid myself of the harmful thinking and attitudes that had caused me so much pain in the past.

"People of all ages can benefit from Recovery because it provides a firm structural foundation that is most forgiving when mistakes are made. Another thing about the method is that it talks directly to you and then teaches you to talk self-assuredly to yourself. When I first joined my Recovery group, I learned that millions of other people have the same harmful thinking and attitudes that cause people to bring so much agony into their lives. Through the Recovery training, I am now able to tell myself that I have a choice -- I don't have to always be fearful. I don't have to be continually angry. I don't have to suffer debilitating bouts of depression.

"Recovery, Inc. is not a miraculous cure for mental health problems. Life most certainly can and will be stressful at times. I can still get fearful, angry or feel empty but now I have the means –the tools – to change those distressing feelings. Using my Recovery training, I am now able to recognize that these feelings are merely the result of insecure thinking and attitudes.

"I have learned how to change my thinking from harmful, threatening feelings to secure thoughts. The Recovery mental health support group certainly has changed my life for the better. Now I am able to experience the joy of raising my two girls, and receive the love and friendship of my family and friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment